As business grows it is vital for data to be readily available to the employees and saved in a central location. Having a computer network helps information travel through a centralized location to those who have access to the data where ever they maybe. A computer network that is well set up is akin to a business running like a well-oiled machine. There are many benefits of having a computer network all which help a business to be more efficient.
What are the benefits of having a computer network?
• Communication and collaboration: It’s very difficult for people to work together if no one shares what anyone else is doing. A computer network helps create a team environment which help to get everyone on the same page. A network allows employees to share files, view other people’s work, and exchange ideas more efficiently. In any office you can use e-mail and instant messaging tools to communicate quickly and to store messages for future reference.
• Data protection and Management: A network makes it easier to back up all of your company’s data on an offsite server, a set of tapes, CDs, or other backup systems. Having a central point of data backup allows data to be readily available in case of a disaster. Making disaster recovery easier, than having individuals backing up their data where it can be lost, misplaced or stolen.
• File sharing: A network makes it very easy for everyone to access the same file and prevents people from accidentally creating different versions of the files.
• Organization: Having a centralized scheduling system allows for businesses to prepare and employees to stay aware of assignments. From scheduling assignments to scheduling availability a centralized IT Network is an invaluable tool in today’s business world. A variety of scheduling software is available that makes it possible to arrange meetings without constantly checking everyone’s schedules.
• Hardware sharing: With a network, several computers can share the same printer. Although you might need a more expensive printer to handle the added workload, it’s still cheaper to use a network printer than to connect a separate printer to every computer in your office.
• Remote access: Having your own network allows greater mobility while maintaining the same level of productivity. With remote access in place, users are able to access the same files, data, and messages even when they’re not in the office. This access can even be given to mobile handheld devices. Increased security by using VPNs ensuring that your data is safe and accessible only to those given credentials to.
There are many more reasons to have a Computer Network for your business. Once you have a computer network you will find more uses for it and wonder why you didn’t implement one sooner. Customized Computer Services Inc. (CCSI) has been serving the Dallas-Fort Worth area for over 28 years. We have provided our expertise to businesses small and large implement new networks or expanding on their existing network. Whether you are implementing a new computer network or expanding an existing network Customized Computer Services Inc (CCSI) can help. Contact us at (817) 459-4000.